Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people.
I am about to remove engine and gearbox out the top to make sure all is well with chassis rail alignment in crash repair.
My question is how hard is it to disengage manual gear shifters . Its the pesky plastic ones that break.
Car is Australian Combo / Corsa van.
Thanks in advance !
Ian

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
You don't need to disconnect the plastic link in order to remove the gear linkage to remove engine and box. Undo the clamp bolt from the selector rod and then remove the pin from the mount on the sub frame. all the linkage will stay connected to the box.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You don't need to disconnect the plastic link in order to remove the gear linkage to remove engine and box. Undo the clamp bolt from the selector rod and then remove the pin from the mount on the sub frame. all the linkage will stay connected to the box.
Thanks very much .Driveshafts are out .Motor should be out tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I don't know if you have or not but I find it easier with the bumper and slam panel off to lift the engine out the top with the small engines. You can take the radiator out as well and if you have A/C leave all that in place so no need to drain the gas and have it re gassed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes mate My bumper, slam panel are all off as the front rails are bent . The major is drivers side .
The car is about 600 mm off the ground on an autorobot frame aligner ( was 500 bucks second hand and oldschool)
The motor will be out tomorrow morning when the engine crane arrives.
My friend is in his mid 60s and is an old school panelbeater and a good one . I only did night tafe panel and paint.
If the repair goes well then the Z18XE will go in this car. My second van has never been damaged and that one could be the receiver .The plastic cable connectors, fuel connectors have tried my patience a little at 61 years haha but the motor is just sitting there now .
Rail pulling and alignment is next with my fussy mate that made me pull the engine
Pics coming soon and thanks for the answers that are needed at certain points
ian

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Doesnt appear to have moved at strut towers. The spacing between the lower bumper threads on rails is same as it is tied in place by the subframe . The rails will move easy. The inner guard section is concertina flimsy and has moved a fair bit . I have a donor car if we need to do a sectional repair we can . The man will be here tomorrow .Will update .Looks promising for the Z18XE.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts