Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does this engine have PCV valve, or it has some other solution for this purpose ?
I had leak on crankshaft seal, and recently, there is a lot of mayonnaise under the engine cover, so I suspect that it could be related to clogging of oil breather system.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
On that side there are no coolant gaskets to leak into oil pan.
  • chain area leaks coolant in oil pan
  • too short trips.
Pcv as far as I know, located in valve cover, but don’t believe is any.
Clean throttle body where the two hoses from valve cover come.

·
Registered
2005 Combo 1.4
31 Posts
On that side there are no coolant gaskets to leak into oil pan.
  • chain area leaks coolant in oil pan
  • too short trips.
Pcv as far as I know, located in valve cover, but don’t believe is any.
Clean throttle body where the two hoses from valve cover come.
I'm in the same predicament, My valve cover gasket let go last night 350klms from base, oil pouring out like a waterfall onto the exhaust, the advice I have been given is that the breather hoses can collapse during use and therefore the engine pressurizes and can blow oil past the gaskets etc, that number one hose appears to connect well below the throttle body onto the inlet manifold and I cannot blow air through it from the valve cover end, it either connects directly to the manifold and is blocked, or the PCV is in the manifold and it's blocked, the large hose connects to the duct that runs between the airflow meter and the throttle body. It is clear and unobstructed. I only saved my car engine from certain destruction because I had 10 cows run out in front of me in the dark while driving at 70MPH! Almost hit a person too, I pulled up to check on the person who had been left behind by family at a roadside toilet stop, 50k from the nearest petrol station and 150 from the nearest actual town! The young girl was distraught, I managed to calm her down and took her the 150 k to town, after I pulled the valve cover and resealed it with silicone as a temp measure, then topped up the oil.

·
Registered
2005 Combo 1.4
31 Posts
So maybe the smaller hose goes to a solenoid that I have noticed on the inlet manifold, which computer controls the PCV operation? Anyone have an emission equipment plumbing diagram?

·
Registered
2005 Combo 1.4
31 Posts
So I pulled the valve cover today and true to a friend's word (he the technical advisor in an automotive gasket company) the breather inside the valve cover was absolutely choked up with carbon, no way the crankcase could of breathed, so I force the inner part out, scraped out the carbon and re-adhered the inner part back into the valve cover. Letting it set overnight, hopefully that's the end of my oil leaks!

·
Registered
2005 Combo 1.4
31 Posts
Conclusion, there isn't a PCV valve, it is just a hole.
When I get to do the intake manifold gaskets, I need to clear out the nipple where the hose from the valve cover connects, pretty sure there isn't a pcv there either, but will confirm after the task.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts