Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got one that I can collect tomorrow???

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
No can help, sorry DanG, but good to hear from you. How are things - I thought you were sticking with the oil burner for now?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, if ordered one now mate. It's a neighbours car, snapped timing belt at 82k! 2006 on original belt

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Have you pulled the cylinder head off yet or you going to put a belt on it first to confirm bent valves.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, pulled the head, replaced all valves, put two new valve seats in, new water pump, etc

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didnt need to pull it off to confirm it, done plenty of snapped cambelts to know it was buggered

·
Registered
2005 Corsa C 1.0 Life
101 Posts
Yes, pulled the head, replaced all valves, put two new valve seats in, new water pump, etc

What's the total cost on something like that? Gotta come close to the cost of a new engine surely?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All in the parts were around £280, I'm only charging £565 all in but that includes a full service aswell.

Iv gone and bought another z18xe today as it seems a good base to do a turbo conversion on.

Looking at the heads their is plenty of space for bigger valves, and plenty of meat on the head for some decent sporting too

·
Registered
2005 Corsa C 1.0 Life
101 Posts
All in the parts were around £280, I'm only charging £565 all in but that includes a full service aswell.

Iv gone and bought another z18xe today as it seems a good base to do a turbo conversion on.

Looking at the heads their is plenty of space for bigger valves, and plenty of meat on the head for some decent sporting too

Swear I've seen complete engines going for less than £200, surely it would have been cheaper to swap one?

Genuinely curious, as I don't plan to do my timing chain until it blows a hole in the engine casing

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea it would be. But at least they know that the engine is now sweet. Besides, no changing engine numbers on the log book, plus I'd have charges a days labour to swap it out. Plus, it only had 80kodd miles and was a sweet running engine.

I wouldnt like to think how much Vauxhall would have charged

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
De5, why wouldnt you pre-empt and change the chain/belt?

·
Registered
2005 Corsa C 1.0 Life
101 Posts
Yea it would be. But at least they know that the engine is now sweet. Besides, no changing engine numbers on the log book, plus I'd have charges a days labour to swap it out. Plus, it only had 80kodd miles and was a sweet running engine.

I wouldnt like to think how much Vauxhall would have charged

I guess changing the engine number is a bit of a ballache, labour-wise I think it would probably take me about as long to do either job, and if I was swapping another engine in, I can do the timing chain/belt before fitting the engine, which is a lot easier than doing it with the engine in the car

De5, why wouldnt you pre-empt and change the chain/belt?

Chances are when my chain finally ejects I'm gonna end up parting out the car, unless my situation changes and I can afford to put a bigger engine in

Either way Des isn't going to be keeping his Z10XEP

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well that's fair enough. Cant argue with that pal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts