Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All Im new here and there is limited public knowledge here in Oz
I normally play with old school minis .Im 60 year old electronics fella.
I have what we call a Holden Combo van and it is the last that we got with central locking and ABS.
It is z14xep .
I have purchased a brand new Z18xe with ecu and engine loom ex Holden .Never been in a car.
If I graft the ecu to the existing body loom will the different ECU talk to my BCM.
I am getting sore if I do lots of work changing harnesses , but could do a pin for pin rewire comfortably.
I assume the brand new motor / ECU wont be married to anything.
Looking forward to this and thanks in advance .!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
The ECU will need to be paired or married to the car and immobilizer system to work.
If you don't already have Opcom diagnostics I would recommend you get it as you will need this or Tech2 to link it all up.
The ECU to body plug has different pin outs between the z18xe and the z14xep engines so unless you have moved the pins around it will not work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The ECU will need to be paired or married to the car and immobilizer system to work.
If you don't already have Opcom diagnostics I would recommend you get it as you will need this or Tech2 to link it all up.
The ECU to body plug has different pin outs between the z18xe and the z14xep engines so unless you have moved the pins around it will not work.
Yes I am aware of rewire .Im not scared of doing that.
I was pretty worried that it may not all marry up successfully and work
The ECU is brand new .
Thankyou and I will get my hands on Opcom

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Be careful with your Opcom purchase. Many clones made in China are in some kind of "version 1.99!!!" arms race but actually might not work well (or at all) with these vehicles. Take a look and search posts by members like Opcom Diagnostics and Marks152 for information on the type of chip, firmware and the like so that you're asking the right questions of sellers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Be careful with your Opcom purchase. Many clones made in China are in some kind of "version 1.99!!!" arms race but actually might not work well (or at all) with these vehicles. Take a look and search posts by members like Opcom Diagnostics and Marks152 for information on the type of chip, firmware and the like so that you're asking the right questions of sellers.
Waiting on reply Will only buy from trusted source . Think I need the whole Z18XE air intake and box Wont be too expensive

1 - 6 of 6 Posts