Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some help I’ve converted a 1.8 Sri shell to z20let but I now have no throttle whatsoever I’ve removed the top hat and the throttle body works once for a second when ignition is put on but then goes completely dead I had no issues before when the 1.8 engine was in so guessing either wiring or an ecu fault just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if they cured it?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Seen this twice, once was down to bad wiring the other was a faulty ECU.
Do you have any trouble codes coming up?
This is the Z18XE to Z20LET guide I used to re do the one with faulty wiring and it worked.
Also check for good earths to the engine and to the ECU body as well as the inlet manifold.
z18xe z20let wires.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that’s the guide I followed to do my wiring I have had these codes come up I know about coolant sensor and Baro as they weren’t plugged in at the time but they are now and it’s still the same I’ve checked to make sure my wiring is okay ie. pins pushed all the way into the plug etc but still no luck I’ve also tried putting jump leads from engine onto battery earth to make sure that was good but again with no luck

Attachments

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Sounds like a 5V reference voltage missing, can be as good as well a bad sensor. I could look in the diagrams tomorrow. Any aftermaket sensors on the engine?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Have you got the coolant module plugged in? I see you are still using Zafira software. Most switch to VX220 software to make install to the Corsa a lot easier as there is no need for the coolant module then, fan is switched by ECU only there is no option for AC.
Also are all the plugs on the engine loom plugged in right? As some will go into the wrong sensors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts