Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As stated. I’m in need of radiator and fan to suit X20xev going into corsa c so whatever people know works and fits (with mods obv). Thanks

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
A rad from a z14xe or z18xe will work as the outlets will be right (one at each end) for the x20xev. You may get away with fitting the stock fan and cowling if there is enough room?
If not you could get a 12" slim line fan that fixes to the rad from Demon Tweaks or similar retailer.
I use the standard z18xe rad in my supercharger build with 2x 10" Kenlowe fans on the front. The N/A z22se has the Vectra B rad with custom brackets at the top and the 2.2's cooling fan.
If you use 2 long lower rad mounts an slot the holes slightly the standard rad sits forward quite a bit more I found.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Mate your honestly the most helpful person on the planet 😎

I try to help. Nobody would help me 10 years back with the 2.2 swap only a main dealer and LMF everyone else hated on my build as it wasn't a Z20LET.
I like to see something different.
If you search for my build thread on here it might show how i mounted mine?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah well I build houses for a living so any advice helps mate. I done a corsa b c20xe and another corsa b c20ne project years ago with next to no help and they were both **** 🤣 I’m actually trying to make this one good lol. The long term plan is to have a second engine mid mounted as long as the first engine doesn’t have me pull all my hair out first. I’m enjoying it so far so hopefully the full plan goes ahead

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brilliant build thread mate. I am only this far as of yet but it’s just inlet and exhaust manifold I’m waiting for then management and I shouldn’t be too far off

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like you need a new crash bar? You may have trouble getting a rad and fans in there?
Can you shed some light on the water bar I need to use as I’ve gutted the interior including the heater matrix. It’s confusing me because there’s a lot of variations of the X20xev and I bought a z20let hose kit as I couldn’t find a X20xev full set cheap enough. Appreciate your help mate

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I.e is the brass one needed on this part

If It has the return going along the front like this (ignore the turbo coolant feed part on the metal coolant pipe)

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
The brass fitting would normally have gone to the throttle body then on to the header tank. It is needed to help bleed the cooling system of air. You can T it back in to the one from the front of the engine. In the Cavalier and Corsa B they didn't have a bleed off at the top of the rad so you only had the 2 lines back to the header tank.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts