Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Just wondering if anyone could give me a rough guide to how much bhp these 2 combined can produce? Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks

·
Grumpy Old Git
34,690 Posts
Upto 320bhp but you're pushing it at that tbh, after that you are best with garrett turbos,
The turbo itself isn't bad just the manifolds are prone to cracking

Obviously you will need additional mods to get close to that 300bhp+ figure which themselves aren't cheap

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply, I have a corsa c z20let with vxr turbo and vxr injectors ect and had it put on the dyno and it's only ran at 201bhp. Shocking result just for the fact that this car is absolutely blisteringly fast. It pulls like a train in every gear yet it only reads at 201bhp? Is this right? :|

·
Grumpy Old Git
34,690 Posts
Something wrong then, sounds like its on a standard map tbh.

On rstunings rollers I was running 292bhp with mine, on other rollers I was well over 300bhp

·
Grumpy Old Git
34,690 Posts
If he's running a vxr afm and/or vxr injectors with a standard map he will be killing his engine pretty quickly

Reactions: corsaz22se

·
Registered
9,375 Posts
If he's running a vxr afm and/or vxr injectors with a standard map he will be killing his engine pretty quickly
Doesn't necessarily cause bore wash. Z20let ECU's are self adjusting and will adjust the fueling itself after driving it a few times. A lot of people run VXR injectors and MAF without a remap. I personally wouldn't do it but everyone has there own opinions.

·
Grumpy Old Git
34,690 Posts
Never heard that tbh, ive seen a few on aoc do it and kill the engines

·
Registered
9,375 Posts
It's happened a few times but that's because they've been running the wrong fuel pressure regulator...the LEH Fpr only runs at 3.0bar where as the LET one runs at 3.3bar let one is better. It can take around 60miles + for the ECU to adjust.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Peple seem to forget thT THE 2 ENGINES Z20LET AND 20LEH ARE IDENTICAL MORE OR LESS besides a few extras forged pistons under oil cooling on the LEH. Fitting a VXR turbo on a standard LET with induction kit and performance exhaust will improve BHP as its boosts better. Should be looking at 225bhp at least id say and it will raise torque.Reason why that kid with Corsa only showed 201bhp is a tired engine. Vaccum leak, coil pack could be anything. Should be alot higher that standard 201.I would tKE THE CAR FOR A GOOD RUN 100 MILES or so then dyno it again if its still 201 theres something wrong.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Welcome to ccuk, Sid, but this is a Right Thread's Dead from 2012. You're very welcome to post a new thread and we can say hello. Pics, story, even more welcome.

·
Administrator, Trusted Seller
605,313 Posts
Peple seem to forget thT THE 2 ENGINES Z20LET AND 20LEH ARE IDENTICAL MORE OR LESS besides a few extras forged pistons under oil cooling on the LEH. Fitting a VXR turbo on a standard LET with induction kit and performance exhaust will improve BHP as its boosts better. Should be looking at 225bhp at least id say and it will raise torque.Reason why that kid with Corsa only showed 201bhp is a tired engine. Vaccum leak, coil pack could be anything. Should be alot higher that standard 201.I would tKE THE CAR FOR A GOOD RUN 100 MILES or so then dyno it again if its still 201 theres something wrong.
please dont bump old threads

Reactions: andy-v
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.